Thursday, September 18, 2008

i'm back!

okay, i'm back. i realize that this blog is mostly for my own entertainment, but for the few of you that do check it i know it has been a long time. i am home from my travels and all my visitors have left me. things are settling into a fine routine. so, that means i can blog again. i am thrilled with this because i use my blog in place of my journal. does that mean i should actually print out my entries and save them somewhere? for now i'll just have to be happy with having the time to blog...

okay, so to catch up. the boys started back to school on Sept. 2. I am traveling back and forth everyday to take them to the schools in the area we are building our house. i just didn't want them to have to readjust in two months to a new school, new friends, new teachers, etc... this was especially important to me this year because Benson started 5th grade and at his new school that means Middle School! yep, lockers, changing classes, band, sports and all that good stuff (including sex ed in health class. shocker!) Here are a few pictures of them on their first day of school.




my friend Cindy came to visit!

we have been friends since we were both newlyweds. we moved into the same ward the same week. it seemed only natural for Cindy and Mindy to be put together as visiting teaching partners and we became fast friends. even better was that our husbands became friends enabling us to do just about everything together. so a few short years later we moved to Cincinnati and when they were done with school a year later they moved to Arizona. we try to get together at least once a year and have managed to do at least that. but this is the first visit to Massachusetts for Cindy and the first time that all of our children were able to get together.

they all had so much fun, you would think they had known each other all along. we tried to do some fun things with everyone while we were together, but ended up with an even longer list of more to do the next time.

well, this has become the longest blog posting in history, maybe we could use this post for book club (even though it's not quiet Jane Austen). so, for today, this is enough. i'll post more soon.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad you are back amongst the blogging :)

I am impressed that Benson will wear button up shirts with collars to school. The Baird boys have never been convinced of how awesome they look.

Brianne said...

Welcome back...we've missed hearing about the West days!

I also use my blog as my journal, so I've started printing out my entries along with the comments and sticking them in a three ring binder. It's turning out to be my most impressive journal ever!

Anonymous said...

Ah Mind, you are so much fun. I am glad your back to blogging as I need to be able to keep up with your life somehow. Benson sure doesn't look happy with you in that 1st pic. Middle school? wow, they start that earlier and earlier! Holly is in 5th this year as well, but will enter jr.high in 7th grade. I am so glad she will have this year and next to still be little.
am

Jocelyn said...

there are a few really great sites that you can use to make your blog into a book! you can pick and chose which entries you want included. My family uses blurb.com I can find out the other ones if you want!