Sunday, September 21, 2008

time out

friday night was the beginning of Time Out for Woman in Springfield, MA. a friend of mine had bought tickets for both Friday and Saturday but ended up not being able to go on Friday. so, she gave me her ticket! i was not planning on going because i just went to education week and felt like i needed to help build the house on saturday. but i was thrilled with the chance to go on friday night. one of my long time favorite lds musicians was performing that night and it was awesome. Michael McLean is just the best. i have always been able to feel so good when listening to his music and friday night was no disappointment. he is just an amazing man. when you get a chance to hear him tell where his songs came from and listen to him you can really feel the spirit. he sang several of my favorite songs and some new ones that i haven't heard before. we also got to hear Kenneth Cope, which i enjoyed. he has some good songs, but will never be my favorite compared with the feeling i get from Michaels music (yes we are on a first name basis now!).

Some of us girls with the handsome & talented Kenneth Cope!

Before things got started that night one of the presenters by the name of Kim Nelson, came up to Allison Cowden, Sarah Hall and me. He introduced himself and chatted with us for a few minutes. He asked us to pray for him because he was so nervous to sing with Michael McLean. During the break he came to see if we had and to talk with us. He was a very dear and funny man. If you ever have the chance to hear him speak you should. He is a marriage and family therapist, a member of his stake presidency and a great guy. after the program was over he told us to stick around and he would introduce us to Michael and we could get our picture taken!
I have been to several of Michael McLean's concerts before. Once in Provo I was even picked out of the audience to pick a song. he had me come up on stage where i sat with him while he sang the song and then he kissed me on the cheek! it was great, but for some reason getting a picture with him was awesome to me. i have never been a groupie before, but i guess things have changed. i wish so many of you could have been there with me, but since you couldn't just enjoy (& be jealous of) my picture and one of my favorite songs (just click the play button on the right to here it, it's beautiful & it might make you cry, but listen up!).

here is the great picture! Brother Nelson even snuck into the back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Min, what a neat experience for you. I am amazed at the things the Lord blesses us with. Yes I cried on your song. I love it too!
am

Jenn said...

When I walked in on Friday night, I ran right into r Michael McLean, we aren't on a first name basis =) !!! I wasn't paying attention, when I noticed it was him, I said "Well, hello Michael. How are you?" I said that just like I had known him forever. I guess when his music speaks to you, you kinda feel like you have known him, personally, forever. I love him too. I am glad you got to go on Friday! Glad to see you posting again!

Jennifer said...

I am soo excited that you got to get those very memorable photos. I knew you were meant to go on Friday night :)

Brianne said...

I love Michael McLean's music too. If they had sold tickets for Friday night only I probably would have just gone Friday night! But I'm glad I went both days. It was good to see you there Friday night though!

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a great night! I had a chance to see Kenneth Cope a few years ago at a fireside. I so love his music and voice. glad you were able to experience all the fun!

Jennifer Knight said...

Sounds like fun...I went to the one in Hartford last year and that was the first time I heard Hilary Weeks - now one of my favorite CD's. Glad you got a chance to hear him sing in person.