Tuesday, July 1, 2008


Yesterday I traveled 5 hours away with all three of my children. The goal? Nana's house in New York. Our main reason was picking up some cherry wood that was being stored at their house, we needed it to start building kitchen cabinets for our house. The extra bonus reason was dropping off Ethan and Eli! They get to stay at Nana's house for the week. On Sunday afternoon Nana and Grampa will bring them home. I must admit that I was greatly looking forward to the much needed break. I enjoy getting away by myself about once and sometimes twice a year. This opportunity presented itself and I said yes. I like chances to fill my cup and reenergize. Besides, who doesn't like occasionally pretending to have zero reponsibilities? But I was surprised at how torn I was when it was time to leave them and drive away. I have gone away before. I have even left them at Nana's before. But this time was different. I know I will still enjoy that sleeping in time and the getting ready without someone interuppting my shower. But half my heart is in New York tied to two adorable little boys. I keep telling myself that, as Eli would put it, "That just doesn't make sense!" (You have to say it in his cute little sing song voice that doesn't pronounce every letter.) I know that they love Nana and will have a great time with her and I will have a great time here with Benson. But, still I look forward to Sunday afternoon when little sticky arms will wrap around my neck.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

What a sweet picture! It's great when siblings get along. I don't think my parents have any pictures of me and my brother's like that...at least not when we were that young! We love each other now though. Enjoy your week of freedom!