Tuesday, August 12, 2008

a day at the beach

you can't live within 2 hours of the beach, no matter what beach, and not go at least once a year. we would go much more than that, but this year has been filled with building our house. i love the beach. i love the sun and the sand, the breeze that always blows from the ocean, i love the waves and the treasures you find. i love the wet sand between my toes. i love the dizzy feeling you get from standing next to the waves rolling in. i love the sinking feeling when the waves rush back out, pulling the sand out from under your feet.


this past thursday we went with some friends to the beach. here are some pictures, i don't think i need to say more...
okay, so this last one might need some explaining, but i really don't know what to say. Eli just kept pushing sand around with his head and seemed to think it was funny. i guess i thought it was pretty funny too, i just don't understand.

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Looks like fun! I love the beach too...but I always get a horrible sunburn...no matter how much sunscreen I put on. So I haven't been in a few years. Looks like you had lots of fun though!

Jennie said...

That is a funny picture at the end. I love the beach too. We are about 4 hours from the beach which makes it a little harder to go very often. We are going to try outer banks in October. Hopefully it is as fabulous as I'm expecting it to be.

Anonymous said...

Funny! I've seen my puppy do that head thing too.