Saturday, August 16, 2008

can this possibly be comfortable?

so the other night i tucked the boys in bed with all the usual things. i then plopped down on the couch to read a good book. sometime later i went down the hall and this is how i found eli:

can this even be remotely comfortable? he apparently got his sleeping bag out of his closet and retucked himself in. kids?! as an adult i have this 'ultimate comfort' zone. if i'm not in that zone, i can't be happy, i can't sleep and everyone around me will know there is a problem. for instance, i am a nose breather. at night during allergy season i sometimes get all stuffed up and can't breath thru my nose. it is torture. i am constantly blowing my nose or sniffing trying to reach that comfort zone. i will not sleep until i'm there, i just can't. weird but true. also, if i get too hot or too cold or if i'm camping and the ground is too hard or the air matress is too mushy... i am starting to sound like a whiner. but i've never seen myself that way. maybe i am and i just didn't know it. is anyone else like me? or am i psychotic and do i need professional help? because if the rest of the world can sleep like my eli, then i guess i have problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am exactly like you with my three pillows to position my body just right. AND I found a way to sleep with a stuffed nose!! Try it some time. It's not my usual sleeping position, but once I start breathing normaly, I don't care! I place a pillow or two under my knees and sleep on my back. If you're not used to it it's hard at first. Then I put a small rice pillow under my neck so my head is cradled and my nose is pointing pretty much straight up. I then force myself to (noisily) breath through my nose for 3 or 4 minutes. Sometimes you really have to force it. (Yes it sounds yucky for everyone else but it gets better.) At first it seems like nothing is happening, but no matter how stuffed I am, if my head is back I start to breathe normally after a while! Compared to the torture of stuffyness it is heaven!!