Thursday, June 5, 2008

wax on, wax off

Benson is the new Karate Kid!



At least he is around our house. He is now taking Kenpo Karate and loving every minute of it. I love to watch him work so hard toward something. He earned his white belt in class on Monday night and was very proud of himself.



Of course, white is the first color and all he had to do was try his best in one class, but he did it and it has him motivated to earn his yellow belt. I think that Karate will give him something to focus on and set goals with. I never thought I would have all of my younger kids involved in extra curricular activities, but I see the benefits already. They are gaining self confidence and becoming more coordinated. They love having something to learn and feel good about. They also like to show off before bedtime, doing all the tricks they can think of for Daddy. Stall tactic? Probably, but fun all the same!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I loved your title. Brought back all those Ralph Macchio memories.

And Hooray for Benson!!

Jenn said...

I always wanted to take karate. My little brother was in it, and he LOVED it! Karate teaches so many things like discipline, patience, and self-defense. Benson looks great! You'll have to teach him to catch a fly with a chopstick!

Anonymous said...

Benson always looks like he is not happy to have you taking his pic. I have the opposite problem. glad to see they are doing things, I bet they love it!
am