Monday, May 19, 2008

The things we will do for Money $



Benson lost another tooth this past week. He knows the tooth fairy isn't real, yet he continues to pretend. Why? Is he being nice so his brothers won't find out the truth? I have told him not to spill the beans, so maybe... But my guess is more practical. He likes money! The tooth came out while on vacation, actually in the bathroom of a gas station somewhere in Pennsylvania! Benson very carefully cleaned it, saying he would get more money for a tooth that is completely clean. I tried explaining to him that usually the cleaning only counts if it is done while the tooth is attached. "Try brushing your teeth better buddy!" But he insists that it will help. He then put it away in the zipper compartment of my wallet, so that it wouldn't get lost. When we got home he almost immediately took the tooth and placed it in a cup of water near the sink. Well, the next day, Andy was loading the dishwasher and included the ever sacred cup! When Benson discovered this there was much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. (at least the ones that are left) Once he got over it he decided to write a note the the tooth fairy. Direct quote:

"Dear Tooth Fairy,
My Dad dumped my tooth down the drain, but can I still get my money?
Benson"

Andy & I laughed and laughed at that. The entitlement of the younger generation?!


Ethan now has a seriously loose tooth. For him it will be a first. I think the tooth fairy is going to be broke after visiting our house over the next couple of months!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Min,
actually, even though he "knows" the truth, he is still young enough that he does not have the ability to think logically. until he is about 12 he will continue to "believe" in magical things. they just are sort of wired that way. So. . . he knows, but he still hopes. Make sense?
Love Ya!
Am

Jennifer said...

I wonder where and how the whole tooth fairy thing started??

Jenn said...

Love it! This was a great story to read. Good luck with Ethan's first tooth!