Friday, May 30, 2008

Mawage, that bwessed awangement

Today is my Anniversary! Andy and I have been married 10 years today! We were reminiscing about the excitement leading up to the big day, about our whirlwind romance, and about the ups and down in the past 10 years. What fun!

I think I will share with you our story:

Once Upon a Time there was a beautiful maiden (just go with me here...) named Mindy. Mindy was a most peculiar girl, one that thought she could be different and never fall in love. Secretly Mindy wished for a Prince Charming to sweep her off her feet, but outwardly she was a girl with worldly ambitions. Mindy had a friend who wanted to go to the local meat market (singles ward) and begged Mindy to come along, so as not to be alone in her search for the rarest of meats. So, finally Mindy succumbed to the social pressures of her day. Once at the market, as Mindy was inspecting the same old meat, kinds she had all tried before, and knew she was tired of, she glanced something she did not recognize. "What is that?" she cried. Some kind soul told her that it was something called Fillet Mignon, hereafter referred to as Andy. Andy was the rarest and most delicious of all the meats, but some said too pricey. If only Mindy could find a way to talk to this Andy. As she sat musing, low and behold who should approach, but Andy! He had seen this fair maiden from afar and wondered at her flower like beauty (I said go with me...). Could this be the best of fruits he had always heard of? So sweet to the taste and delicious inside and out? He had to know, something inside him said that he must find out. This was the beginning of a short and sweet courtship. One that would take them on a whirlwind roller coaster ride. Three months later the two were joined in holy matrimony.

Little did they know that this was not happily ever after, but just the beginning of an eternal journey. One that would take them down unknown paths with many stops along the way. Things that were never heard of in the kingdom would soon fall upon this blissful couple. Pregnancy, hormones, babies, diapers, dirty diapers, spit up, sleepless nights, budgeting, etc... But other things, also uncommon in the magical kingdom. Breathlessly laughing, picnics, Priesthood blessings, homes, work. All things that brought this fairy tale into reality. Which brings us to the present. Here we are in modern day reality. Would we go back to the magical kingdom if we could? No way,(Back then I wished for a man to sweep me off my feet, now all I wish for is my man to sweep...) I love that we have grown and come to understand each other in ways no one else can. Andy is my opposite in many ways, which also makes him complete me. I am grateful for the journey of the past 10 years, and can only hope for 100 more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindy, your so cute, and very imaginative. Happy Anniversary!! I like your choice in "meat" he is a great guy!
am