Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last night we went to the boy's school for the "Fine Arts Celebration", which included an Art Show and a concert. We were able to see some of the boys art work displayed, that was cool for them.

Then we sat through the 5th grade band as they played "Hot Cross Buns" over and over! Have you ever heard a 5th grade band that doesn't include your child? I ask because if your child is in the band you are biased and think it is awesome. If you are an innocent bystander and happen to hear them, it is quite a different story... Anyway, after the band we finally came to the part we were waiting for; Benson's concert!
Benson has been in chorus all year and I have gone to several of his concerts. But, being the Mom that I am, I have always forgotten the camera. So last night I took pictures! I snapped one while Benson was getting ready and he said, "Mom, I'm not singing yet." I told him that I am the Mom and I can take pictures whenever I want. (that is true, right?!)


By the end of the night he was done with me taking pictures, as you can see by this photo:


It was a nice night and I'm proud of Benson for learning all those songs this year. He did a wonderful job last night and it was fun to hear his voice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Min, me again, I don't think it matters if your child is in the band or not. you just have to suffer thru it and then smile and tell them what a wonderful job they did. I did that for a few years. the piano used to drive me crazier than the horn. but now i have the reward of being able to listen to a truly pleasant sound when they play the piano. And now hot cross buns is played with real flourish and extra sounds that don't hurt your ears!
am

Jenn said...

Benson looks so handsome and grown up in his tie. Oh, the things we will endure for our kids. If the kids are pleased then we can call it a good day.