Thursday, May 1, 2008

"I Wish I had the nicest Mom in the World!"


"I wish I had the nicest Mom in the World!", yes this is an exact quote from Ethan. He will be 6 on the 4th and sometimes gets a little over dramatic. What happened was that we were driving in the car. Ethan wanted me to roll the windows down and I told him it was too cold outside. So he stuck out his tongue at me and said, "I wish I had the nicest Mom in the world!" He continued to say, "Someone kind..." Just then Benson, the ever controlling, I think I'm their parent even though I'm only a 9 year old boy, spoke up. "Ethan, Mom is!" Way to go Benson I thought, unfortunately he wasn't finished. "...sometimes." Yep, sometimes. Thanks alot. (we'll see if I let you stay up to play just one more game tonight)

The rest of the story, predictably, involves me telling him that my responsibility is to be a parent, not a best friend. That I am supposed to teach him things. "No mom, that's why I go to school..." Okay, I give up, but this conversation is not motivating me to be a nicer, kinder Mom if you know what I "mean".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what is in ethans mouth? That is sure a funny pic. I am not the nicest mom in the world either, as the matter of fact, I have recently been told by my 20 yr old that I am basically self righteous and holier than thou in my attitude and that she was trying to teach me not to be. then about a week later she says "mom your such a good person". Go figure.
am

another day in the life of... said...

Ethan has grapes stuffed in his mouth in the picture! And you are a great Mom, no matter what mood your kids are in...

Jennie said...

Kids are so funny. They call things the way they see it, no matter how limited their view may be. I remember thinking I had it all figured out when I was younger. The older I get, the more I realize I have to learn.

Sunshine said...

Kids! Tryston told me a couple days ago he wanted to go live with his best friend Mason- who lives with his single mom! A couple days later he changed his tune... Thank goodness! Kids gotta love them!

Jennifer said...

I am president of the "meanest mom in the world organization" maybe you could be my VP? We make lots of mean, random rules.