Monday, February 2, 2009

what to blog about?

what does one blog about when there is nothing to blog about. of course there are a million things to blog about, but how do you pick just the right thing? do i make up something so that all my devoted fans will be amused and entertained? do i just leave the blog unattended for months on end? do i steal ideas from other people? i could blog about this evil cat i know. this particular cat belongs to a friend of mine, and not to mention any names, but jen also hates this cat. i know of all the evils of this cat because i have seen her in action. i have read about and listened to stories about her. she only proves to solidify my conclusions that cats are hateful and only good to catch mice. they should all be relegated to the outdoors. if you are a cat lover please don't think me cruel. i am very allergic to cats so some of my views may be skewed... when i was a teenager my sister gave me a book for christmas called, "101 Uses for a Dead Cat". it was a very creative book and we had many hours of fun teasing my little sister, who loved cats. i think we may have scarred her for life. between the teasing and the accidents... wait, you may not know about this accidents. let me explain. one early morning, while it was still dark outside i climbed into the car to leave for seminary. when i closed the door it just kind of bounced back. weird i thought. so my brother josh and i tried to figure out why the door didn't close. it didn't take long. it turns out that the cat had jumped up trying to follow me into the car. it didn't quite make it and would never again be able to go for a ride. we lived in the country and i remember josh and i joking about the cat going to live in a nice place in the city. there was another time when we had several kittens. joanna (the baby of our family) and jacob were playing some grand game. i don't have a clue what this game involved, i only know that jacob in particular had a crazy big imagination. so this game was being played on a hot summer day, it included the baby kittens and possibly leaving them at the doctor. the doctor happened to be the unused ash bin which had to have the lid put back on in order for the kittens to stay put. well, sometime after dropping the kittens off at this doctor the game evolved and went on. i guess they completely forgot about the kittens and a few hours later when they remembered it was too late. the summer heat multiplied by the enclosed, black tin bucket equaled dinner! no, not really. i'm not as calloused as i may sound. this is just reflective of the insensitive teenage sister in me. josh and i thought this was prime opportunity to display our merciless sensibilities. we told them they murdered the kittens and would have to pay the consequences. we probably invented a few forms of cruel and unusual punishment for their misdeeds. as if teasing and tormenting them wasn't enough. i'm sure that joanna and jacob felt horrible enough without us rubbing it in. but hey, what are big siblings for? now however, i am gaining more of an understanding of feelings in regard to pets. after i started this blog last night our dog had an accident. i don't mean the kind that you clean up and spank her nose for. at first we thought she had been attacked by a wild animal because she was out playing in the woods. we took her in to the vet. the doctor said that she had puncture wounds and it looked like an animal had bitten her head and clawed her leg and tail. they gave her an IV and pain medication and tried to stabilize her. well, a few hours later bruising became apparent and they did an ultrasound. it turns out that she must have been hit by a car and had internal bleeding. she was going down fast and unfortunately didn't make it. i had to break the news to my own children this morning. now i am feeling remorse for all the cruelty i imposed on my helpless younger siblings. i picture myself tormenting my own children and know that it isn't possible to be more cruel. sorry jacob. sorry joanna. i will never call you a murderer again...
this is Dory dressed up like batman! we will miss her.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Are you serious? No Dory? I better call you :) Do you bring dinner when a pet dies ?

Anonymous said...

Oh, mindy. I am so sorry. Its tough so have a pet die (provided the pet was one that you liked) I am sorry to hear it. I did enjoy your memories however. I remember setting an example of teasing about cruel and unusual things....like greasy grimy gopher guts.
Love ya
am

Anonymous said...

I can remember the "101 uses for a dead cat" all too well. lol. It sure seemed funny then, but after finishing reading your blog, I almost feel guilty! You're not joking about Dory just to have something to blog about are you???

Jacob said...

I wish to set the record straight on the kittens. I was at kindergarten and came home to find JoAnna and KJ playing with the kittens. I tired to save them. It was too late. I really liked Licorice and Butterscotch. (I guess that their names are with me forever.)I am sorry about your dog. J