Thursday, August 7, 2008

me, me, me, this post is all about me!

okay, so I am copying this from Brianne's blog, but she said we could, so...

What time did you get up this morning? 7:00, early for me, I really like to sleep and it usually takes me about 20 minutes to transition to being awake. I don't know what I'm going to do when school starts. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds for special times, pearls for everyday. Not like I own a lot of either. Maybe this should be gold or silver? In that case I would have to say silver. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Shrek the Third. I took the boys to a reshowing of this film just yesterday. From current movies the most recent I have seen is 'Made of Honor'. What is your favorite TV show? It used to be Grey's Anatomy (I know, bad, so I'm giving it up.) Now I will have to wait for new seasons to start. I really like Samantha Who? What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal. Nice and simple and one less meal to cook. My favorite breakfast though is waffles with fresh fruit. What is your middle name? I actually don't have a maiden name. With 11 kids in our family I don't know if Mom and Dad just ran out of names or what. It does make it easy now though, I just use Gifford (my maiden name) as my middle name. What food do you dislike? I have never liked oatmeal, I think it comes from having to eat so much of it when I was growing up. It just makes me gag. Your favorite CD at the moment? I don't even know what it's called. But it is an acoustic arrangement of some of my favorite hymns. It calms me down and makes me feel good. What kind of car do you drive? A black Volvo, XC70. I got it in February and love it! Favorite sandwich? Probably peanut butter banana. It just tastes good. What characteristic do you despise? Judgemental, Narcissistic Favorite item of clothing? Sandals, they keep my feet cool and are easy to slip on quickly.
If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Italy, my cousin Oscar lives there and I'm itching to visit. Plus I love to see the world. Are you an organized person? I like to pretend to be. Where would you retire to? In a house in the woods, tucked away from the world, wait, that's where we are building now. What was your most recent memorable birthday? This past February. I turned 30 and Karen and Hannah threw a birthday party for me. Lots of you came and we had a great time. It was fun to feel like a kid again and have a party! What are you going to do when you finish this? Put the kids to bed so I can have a quiet evening. When is your birthday? February 8. Would you like to know the year? 1978. That's right, 30 years old. I am not sure why I used to think 30 was so old, it sure doesn't feel like it. What is your shoe size? 7 1/2 Pets? Not yet, but soon. Any new and exciting news? I get to go to BYU Education week Aug. 18-23. That also means I will see lots of family! I love it, travel, learning and family all wrapped up into a special getaway for Mom!
What did you want to be when you were little?
An interior decorator. I love to make spaces feel comfortable and beautiful. But I always knew I would be a Mom as #1 priority. How are you today? Happy and tired. We went to the beach (I'll blog about that tomorrow), so I am red and sleepy, but in a very good way. What is your favorite flower? For now I think zinnias. They are just so happy looking. What are you listening to right now? The boys playing in the background. Ethan and Eli are pretending to be kitty cats. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? September 4th. I think this is the day my girlfriend Cindy comes to visit (FINALLY!). What was the last thing you ate? A creamscicle (that's the orange sherbet and vanilla swirl) ice cream cone. Oh how I love ice cream! Do you wish on stars? I haven't in a long time, but I used to. Maybe it's time to try again. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Pink, it just seems like such a happy color. How is the weather right now? Partly cloudy and a little humid. It has been rainy here today, luckily not at the beach. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Jenn Baird. We are hoping to get together for Ethan and Natalie to play at Stanley Park tomorrow morning. Favorite soft drink? I like both cream soda and root beer. Favorite Restaurant? Just about anywhere, I happen to like not being the one to cook or clean up. Hair color? Dirty blond. It's getting darker with age, right now it is pretty nondescript. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Mom made me a great homemade cabbage patch kid doll one year for Christmas. I loved it! Other than that I would say my bike. We used to ride our bikes all the time. So fun, it makes me want another one. Summer or Winter? Neither, but if I really have to pick I would say summer. I would rather swim and play in water to cool off than be paralyzed by the cold. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Coffee or tea? How bout hot chocolate (see above!) When was the last time you cried? Hmm? I know it couldn't have been that long ago, but I don't remember. What is under your bed? Shoes. I love shoes and have too many, especially since I tend to wear the same 5 pairs. That doesn't stop me from getting more though. What did you do last night? I read and ate blueberry cheesecake. We also had the missionaries over for dinner. (blueberry pancakes) What are you afraid of? Dying in a fire. Can you imagine how painful. Salty or sweet? Again, see the above chocolate answer. I love sweets, especially chocolate. How many keys on your key ring? 3. One for my house, one for my car and one for Andy's car. Of course then you add the remote locks and the flashlight and it is still pretty bulky. How many years at your current job? 9. Benson is 9, so I have been a Mom for 9 years. Eli is 3, I guess that means I have about 20 years to go until 'retirement'. Favorite day of the week? This always changes, but probably Saturday or Sunday. Andy isn't at work so we get to spend time together and time as a family. Do you make friends easily? I used to be more outgoing than I am now, although I am still very social. I like to make friends, so I guess it depends on the other person.

I hope some of you got to learn something about me. I also hope it wasn't a boring post for you. I would love to hear some of your answers!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So fun to read all about you !!

Anonymous said...

Min, I love to read your blog. No its not boring at all. Can hardly wait to see you!
am