Thursday, July 31, 2008

how much is that doggie in the window?


we have been having a lot of discussions lately about dogs. the boys know that we are planning on getting a dog to run around with and play with them at the land when we move. they also know that the time is getting closer. our friend brought his dog over to play with the boys about two weeks ago and since then prayers and conversations have been filled with dogs. of course they now want a dog just like Hercules! so i took them to the pet store to see that there are lots of other cute dogs that we can have.

the pet store trip was odd. we walked in and all of the dogs on display were asleep. now, i've been to pet stores before and seen a dog here or there sleeping, but all of them at once? i said aloud, "what? do they drug them or something?" about 3 minutes later all the dogs woke up at the same time! coincidence? you tell me...

anyway, one of our dog conversations reminded Benson of a dream of Andy's. Andy sometimes has very real and vivid dreams. one night i woke up to barking. we don't have a dog and certainly not one that sleeps in my bed with me. it took me a minute and a few more barks to realize that it was Andy! so i shook him awake and told him what was happening. he immediately went back to sleep. the next day i reminded him of the incident and he said he was dreaming that he was a dog! (too much Shaggy DA with the kids?) He said it was really cool because his sense of smell was so strong he could see the smell. he could feel the wind through his fur as he was tracking the scent! o-k--- weird! yes, weird, but very funny. now the boys sometimes tease him and bark at him. after all, it's not too often that your pet is also your dad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy, you do know that my dog is going to have puppies right? she is going to have them any day now. that would make them about 4 months when you come out for our girls weekend.
am

Brianne said...

Have fun with your dog! You are a much better mom than me...I told Scott we are NEVER getting a dog. I'm just not a pet person...we have one cat right now and he about drives me nuts...and he's a perrrrfect cat. I hope you find a good dog!

Jennifer said...

I am so jealous that you have all that land for a dog. And so are the Baird kiddos who beg for one everyday :) Cna't wait to see what kind you decide on getting :)

Jocelyn said...

that is too funny! I love dogs, but i hate the clean up, I had a friend who said i should be used to it with all the nanny jobs I've had. the only difference is the kids eventually get potty trained, a dog, well you always have to clean up after them, and I'm a big fan of walking around barefoot in the grass, I'd be too afraid to do that with a dog in the yard, ewww!